A computer keyboard is an input device that allows a person to enter numbers, letters, and other symbols into a computer. The keyboard v is the mostly commonly used input device. The computer's keyboard layout is similar to that of a typewriter, with same additional keys. A keyboard may have 83, 84 or 101 keys. Now a days multimedia keys are also available. Now a days multimedia keys are also available. Whenever a key is pressed the electric contacts and circuits just below the key translate the massage from the key into the equivalent binary code.
Keyboard Function :
1) Some keys such as the shift and caps lock key are toggle keys.
2) Other keys as Alt and Ctrl keys are combination keys that perform an action when held down in combination with another key.
3) A Computer keyboard combines a typewriter keyboard with a numeric keypad. Additional it has many special purpose keys.
4) There some keys are function keys. Function keys perform some special function such as loading programs and offering help. There are programmable keys.
5) Tab key moves the cursor to the next tab position.
6) Backspace key is used to delete the back position character. This key delets the previous character and place the cursor at back position.
7) Enter Key is used to go to next line of page.